I was supposed to release new M2Crypto version in the summer of 2010 but “real life” got in the way, and this extended all the way until this week. I finally decided that I’d better push out a new release even though there was just one significant change: OpenSSL 1.0.x support. However, I felt this was really important since OpenSSL 1.0.x has been out for almost a year now, and it is starting to get difficult to deal with software that does not work with pre-1.0.x.
Unfortunately I made a mistake in my first release to PyPI: I used the
setup.py commands to build, sign and upload a source distribution, but I did this from a tree I had
svn exported. Due to the way the M2Crypto
setup.py was constructed this meant that the tarball was lacking vital files. Yesterday I did a new 0.21.1 release from the Subversion checkout, so the tarball now includes everything.